Utilities Survey Manager
We currently have a vacancy for a Utility Survey Manager on our HS2 Main Works Contract within the Area West Utilities Team.
Reporting directly to the Utilities Design Manager. Required to assist in all aspects of Utility Survey management responsibilities within one of the three delivery areas of the SCS JV. They are to support the Utilities Team in delivering multi-million pound value utility diversions and protection works and as such will manage health & safety, commercial and operation requirements across the survey supply chain partners and the main SCS construction teams.
As part of this team, the role of the Survey Manager is to create a strategy for project engineering surveying whilst liaising with other project disciplines and understand the current project requirements and ensure the successful implementation of Utility survey across all areas of the project.
- Ensuring all survey delivery deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring all survey specifications are met.
- Assisting the Design Manager with Design related tasks.
- Arranging and chairing weekly progress meetings.
- Contract reviews of supply chain.
- Reviewing Quality of Sub-contractors Survey Data and ensuring it meets the correct standards.
- Produce project briefing notes and ensure correct methodologies are applied.
- Review Risk Assessment & Method Statements and brief Construction Manager of site works.
- Monitoring progress and recording achieved times/dates against supply chain KPI’s.
- Area Wide Liaison – Discussing/answering technical issues, addressing queries/problems.
- Ensuring data processing procedures (manual and automatic) are being undertaken correctly.
- Auditing and assisting subcontractors for compliance with SCS survey procedures.
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of themselves and their colleagues. Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
You'll need to have worked or experience of utilities surveying is key for this role along with
- Degree in Engineering or experience in Engineering Surveying or Membership of a relevant professional institution such as the ICES.
- Experience in managing teams of Utility surveyors.
- Experience in CCTV Surveys, Ground Penetration RADAR (GPR), PAS-128, Radio Detection.
- A willingness to working a varied shift pattern.
- Extensive Engineering Survey hardware and software expertise N4ce, Auto-CAD, GPS.
- Relevant CSCS Card and membership of CICES
- A commitment to punctuality is required to ensure timely delivery of Utility Survey task in order not to delay the programme.
Are you a Utilities Survey Manager looking to work on HS2? Please register your interest @ SCS (Skanska, Costain, STRABAG) JV by applying to this advert.