Vehicle Checker / Fleet Administrator
Posted: 21 Jan 2022 Closes: 20 Feb 2022
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9billion. As a multi award-winning company that has beenvoted the nation's favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
As our Fleet Administratorat ourLondon City-SE1 5SEDepot your key objective is to ensure that all vehicles are checked for vehicle condition and road worthiness in terms of legal, corporate image and operational compliance, with exceptions to be reported via the vehicle check app and defect procedure.
You will ensure all drivers are identifying and correctly reporting defects via the correct processes and that they are rectified. To conduct all Owner Driver leased vehicles start of contract and end of contract handovers for employment, terminations, vehicle swaps and hire vans. In addition provide support to the depot operation by conducting regular site and equipment checks. You will also be responsible for reporting any fleet accidents on our portal TranMan.
Key Daily Checks
- To check all fleet vehicles including rental vehicles on a daily basis and record the check and condition via the Vehicle App.
- Fleet Ambassador to VOR vehicles if damage found or defective.
- To check all associated vehicle equipment, including MHE, jump packs, fuel pumps and enclosure.
- Check the site for cleanliness and clear traffic flow/maneuvering areas and associated parking areas.
- Check all Owner Driver vehicles once a week including leased and owned
- If damage is found on the Owner Driver vehicle, a 21 day notice is populated via the app.
- Record all 21 day notices/7 day notices into a Google Calendar shared with your Transport Team.
- Review any outstanding 21 day notice letters due with the Depot Quality Manager or Depot manager
- Check Fleet Stock (mirror glasses, lamps, bulbs etc) and reorder as required.
- Ensure that the gritter is in full working order and clean, during the winter period. Report any defects to your Regional Transport Engineer.
What we're looking for
You will be someone who takes pride in their work consistently producing work of a high quality. Your strong communication, listening and problem resolution skills will be fully utilised in this role. We would also expect you to have:
- Good planning and organising skills
- You must also have a CPC, Diggi Card and be able to drive a 7.5 Tonne vehicle
- Ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively
- Ability to cope with change
- Ability to handle difficult situation and challenging conversations
- Able to work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way following all depot instructions and procedures to include all regulatory requirements e.g Health and Safety
- Able to work on your own initiative and without close supervision
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
The working pattern for this role is 5 out of 7 days , 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Our depots are operational 7 days a week so some weekend working may be required.
In return we can offer you a competitive hourly rate. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000's of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer