VW Operator I- Fairless Hills, PA (109390)
Operate and maintain the equipment in a water treatment facility in order to purify water, which may include removing solids from the water and domestic and industrial pollutants; resulting in returning clean water and air back to the environment and biosolids to the appropriate containment.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner compliant with policies, procedures and practices.
- Model professional behavior; report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to work.
- Work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work 12 hour rotating shifts; work holidays and rotating weekends.
- Conduct laboratory analytical testing for product quality assurance/ control; and routine tests
- Operate, maintain, install and repair (automatic and semi-automatic machines) equipment including pumps, valves, gates, mixers, chemical feed, dust collector and odor control systems
- Monitor control panels, adjusts valves and gates.
- Monitor flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitor and document operating conditions/observations and data in shift log daily
- Diagnose basic operational problems and take corrective action per procedure.
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor or designee and take corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently in compliance with given instructions and direction.
- Perform grab and go field tests in order to adjust chemical dosages for processes.
- Comply with appearance and dress policies to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as defined by policy, work practices, and customer.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work area and equipment.
- Work effectively in team environment and provide support and assistance to others.
- Commitment to promoting and creating a safety culture and positive work environment.
- Perform other job duties as requested to support business operations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain throughout employment
- One year of work experience
- Work effectively in diverse team environments that are dynamic.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Read and comprehend instructions/signs/directions in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient using PC, email and word processing software
- Pass drug screens, physical and safety sensitive background check.
- Ability to focus with attention to detail to complete tasks safely and correctly
- Demonstrate ability to learn and then independently operate equipment which may include pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
· Wear required personnel protective equipment including; gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
· Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs. and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
· Sit periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
· Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp – manipulate fingers to pick up and hold items.
· Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms/pathways, and uneven surfaces.
· Able to walk in industrial work environment safely, avoiding temporary and permanent installments of structures and equipment.
· Able to walk across pathways with open enclosures at heights of 10 to 25 feet.
· Able to hear safety alarms/horns in industrial environment
· Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.