Warehouse Operative Afternoon and Evenings - Full Time or Part Time
Posted: 25 May 2022 Closes: 24 Jun 2022
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe's leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for Warehouse Operatives to work 40 hours per week from at our Depot in Bicester OX26 6GF. Our rapid growth means you can look forward to a secure and rewarding future with great development opportunities in an increasingly successful and expanding company.
We have fantastic opportunities for hardworking, driven and flexible individuals to join our team. You will have a hands-on role, ensuring that all our customers parcels are unloaded from our vehicles, sorted through our industry leading sortation equipment and sent back on their way for next day delivery across our Network.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To handle parcels within the specified parcel definition, either manually or mechanically as directed by the Shift Manager
- To use the available equipment to complete security checks
- To ensure that available equipment is in full working order and report any faults if required
- To monitor and prevent damage to goods and to inform a Shift Manager where damage is identified
- To monitor and prevent damage to vehicles and machinery and to inform a Shift Manager where damage is identified
- To implement the Health and Safety Policy, ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- To implement the Security Policy ensuring and maintaining a secure passage of goods for the customer
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Management or the Shift Manager
Our depots are operational 7 days a week andyou will be required to work 5shifts a week so this could include some weekend working.
Your working hours will be 40, working Wednesday - Saturday
Ideally we are looking for someone who is available to start immediately.
In return we can offer you a competitive hourly rate. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000's of retailers.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer