Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (108490)
Posted: 19 Nov 2019 Closes: 11 Feb 2020
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator-108490
DescriptionAre you a Resourcer?
Veolia helps its customers to improve their energy efficiency, better manage their buildings, their wastewater and transform their waste into resources. We do this by finding safe, cost-effective and innovative solutions that we provide to our many clients (companies, garages, hospitals, municipalities, etc.). These make us THE global reference in the environment.
To fully participate in Canada's circular economy, we can count on more than 1580 employees like you! Currently, we are recruiting our next resource person whose role will be:
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
- Adjusts, inspects and evaluates processes and equipment that control the operation and effectiveness of wastewater systems (WWT, WWC) in order to optimize performance, maintain regulatory compliance, and minimize local and/or system wide adverse impacts while taking into consideration cost, equipment capabilities, environmental impacts and OH&S;
- Operates and monitors the performance of system process equipment and related appurtenances, including but not limited to valves, gates, pumps, compressors, engines, electric motors/generators, HVAC systems, chemical dosing equipment, etc;
- Makes process adjustments, operational decisions and addresses/responds to alarm conditions to ensure efficient, compliant and safe operation within established performance, regulatory and quality limits;
- Maintains records and documentation of all process and/or work area activities using either manual or computerized systems including but not limited to plant logbooks, computerized databases, etc;
- Accountable for the efficient operation, in compliance with applicable regulations, of all processes within the wastewater systems as well as for personal performance and promoting optimal team performance;
- Collects samples, performs routine laboratory tests, analysis and calculations, and records results;
- Interprets laboratory results (internal and external) and makes adjustments as necessary;
- Identifies changes in operational conditions and interprets information in order to implement corrective actions and/or trouble shoot process issues;
- Utilizes various tools to perform operational duties including but not limited to Process Control System (PCS), other SCADA systems, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Work Management System (WMS);
- Performs preventative maintenance diagnostics, and routine preventative maintenance duties such as monitoring equipment for excessive vibration or high temperatures;
- Monitors and assesses equipment performance and maintains process operations by using CLAIR (clean, lubricate, adjust, inspect, repair).
Requirements & Skills required
- Familiarity with environmental regulations applicable to the operation of wastewater facilities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices necessary in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including knowledge of the Activated Sludge process, Digestion (Aerobic, Anaerobic), Disinfection and Nutrient Removal.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices necessary in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater collection system including knowledge of pumping stations, sanitary sewers and manholes.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices necessary in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including knowledge of flocculation, tube settling clarifiers, dual media filtration and the use of coagulation, disinfection and pH adjustment chemicals.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices necessary in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater distribution system including the operation of a wastewater tower and booster stations, force-main swabbing and fire hydrant use and maintenance, wastewatermain flushing, and wastewater sampling.
- Ability to work with process control automation systems and interpret process information.
- An ability to alter unit process operations manually or using computerized technology to meet varying conditions.
- Knowledge of record keeping, sampling techniques and analytical procedures including the ability to interpret and make process adjustment.
- General knowledge of basic mechanical/electrical theory and instrumentation.
- Ability to, and knowledge of, occupational hazards and standard safety precautions necessary to work in wastewater facilities including, chemical handling, confined space entry, lockout/tag-out and the use of personal protective equipment required to work safely.
- Basic computer skills including ability to use basic word processing, email and spreadsheet software programs.
- An ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- An ability to prepare reports and maintain neat and accurate records.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An ability to work well in a team.
- An interest in continuous learning.
Why join our Resourcers team?
- Resource the World with Us!
- Acting today to create the world of tomorrow;
- A company in constant growth;
- A multitude of large-scale projects where you can use your talent;
- Challenges to your measure and the lack of routine;
- A permanent position - Full-time
- The opportunity to develop your career to meet your professional objectives;
- Training and support programs, both internal and external;
- Very competitive compensation, pension and benefits;
- Multidisciplinary work teams and an OHS-oriented work environment;
- Additional On Call Premiums;