This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
At Heathrow, the safety of our passengers, customers and colleagues is at the heart of everything we do. Our fully equipped, fully regulated airport fire fighter crew is ready every day, 24/7, to help and support everyone at the airport. In case of an aircraft call, they are on site in less than three minutes. With a 42m aerial platform - the highest in the country - they can reach any airplane's deck in a matter of seconds. Our fire service team truly makes a difference in everyone's life at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Dealing with emergency situations in accordance with laid down regulations/procedures and acting as the operational commander for a designated sector at a major airfield incident.
- Maintaining the day to day effective working relationships with both internal and external bodies by applying the agreed policies, procedures and working practices when attending domestic/major incidents e.c.t.
- Promoting and ensuring team compliance with safe working practices, incorporating safety checks into the daily operational plan and monitoring that processes and procedures are followed as agreed and that non-compliance is being addressed appropriately.
- Ensuring watch compliance with the predetermined training plan, providing individuals with notice of their training activities and releasing them on a daily basis to attend training sessions.
- Carry out assessments on individuals in line with the LHR Airports Technical Competency Framework and in accordance with the training plan. And carrying out verifications at the stated percentage rate in line with LHR Airports Technical Competency Framework recording data following the assessment and addressing any failure to reach the required competency standard.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Experience from working previously as a Crew Commander or Watch Manager.
- A minimum ICS level 1 qualification.
- An Aviation Supervisor qualification is desirable.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.