West Coast Partnership Manager
As a West Coast Partnership Relationship Manager at HS2 you will be the main Interface point between HS2 Ltd, the West Coast Partnership and DfT with respect to supporting the integration of West Coast Partnership into the HS2 programme. You will be responsible for managing this relationship and acting as a main point of contact between the organisations.
About the role:
- Support the DfT West Coast Partnership team, acting in an advisory capacity to ensure the consistency of the projects across the delivery programme
- Facilitate the development of the required outputs from the WCP and ensure these are managed through HS2 programme governance and incorporated at the appropriate level within the programme
- Lead on the provision of HS2 Ltd evidence and subject matter experts to support the West Coast Partnership’s work as Critical Friend and Reviewer
- Effectively manage the interfaces between the West Coast Partnership team and the HS2 programme, proactively identifying and managing risks and ensuring that they are understood and mitigated
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Experience of successful delivery of projects and within the rail or infrastructure sectors;
- Experience operating within a complex contract environment;
- Experience of reviewing and critiquing reports, project and work plans
- Analysis of data, reporting and disseminating information to senior level audiences
- Experienced in managing stakeholder relationships at a very senior level
- Experience of working within a Governmental environment
- Experience of working within the Rail Franchise Contracting environment
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.