Wind Turbine Engineer
This role is based at Rampion Wind Farm in Sussex.
E.ON Climate & Renewables (EC&R) is responsible for E.ON’s industrial-scale renewable energy activities. We develop, build and operate large renewable energy assets primarily in Europe and North America.
Right now, we’re looking for a talented, experienced Engineer to deliver effective maintenance to our Rampion wind farm. Your aim will be to minimise faults and maximise our energy yield by carrying out both proactive and reactive maintenance operations, as well as servicing, inspections, modifications and retrofits.
Another key part of the role will be assisting in the management of staff performance, training and development, morale, productivity and competence. Flexibility is key as we will need you to provide technical guidance to the engineering and operations teams on turbine operations across different Wind Farm locations.
This is an amazing opportunity for a reliable, accomplished Engineer to get involved in renewables, one of our fastest-growing business areas. You’ll not only open up a host of opportunities in this crucial sector; you’ll also help to deliver smarter, cleaner energy for the future.
What we need from you
- A suitable engineering degree, HNC or equivalent, plus extensive experience on Vestas V112 wind turbine operation and maintenance in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Proven expertise in asset operations, maintenance and fault rectification within the offshore wind industry
- Working knowledge of current policies and procedures which affect the engineering management and asset integrity of a wind asset
- Contract management training to be able to run a number of significant contracts which involve on site working to include the health, safety and environmental aspects as well as the commercial, managerial and technical issues.
- An extensive understanding of health and safety and environmental legislation and standards, qualified to NEBOSH/IOSH standard as appropriate, or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships across the business and the wider renewables industry.
- Ability to investigate safety and process incidents utilising suitable tools and plant interrogation techniques and an ability to implement robust solutions.
Here's what else you need to know
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check will be required.
For information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
Flexibilty required to travel to different sites