Zoned Schemes Lead
As a Zoned Schemes Lead at HS2 you will lead the zoned property scheme functions for all phases of HS2, ensuring schemes are designed, set up and run to a high standard. Lead and manage a large case management function including both in-house and outsourced case management structures. Direct and manage the supplier contracts to deliver case management, legal processes, valuations, property surveys and acquisitions management to ensure the high quality delivery of the property schemes.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
About the role:
- Lead on policy development, scheduling and resourcing for the zoned discretionary assistance schemes – namely to provide primary assessments for statutory blight/Express Purchase; end to end management of Rural Support Zone (Voluntary Purchase and Cash Offer), Shimmer Estate Cash Offer and Homeowner Payment – within HS2 Ltd, working closely with DfT and Land and Property and Legal colleagues across HS2 Ltd
- Lead and manage zoned discretionary scheme teams so stakeholders are informed of what is available to them and that applications to those schemes are managed in a timely fashion, consistently and efficiently
- Drive improvements in processes to ensure targets are delivered – including optimising the use of technology in how we deliver the schemes
- Drive continuous improvement in the team and its activities, ensuring lessons learned from Phase One are built on in Phases 2a and 2b
- Decision maker on behalf of Government for Homeowner payment scheme applications
- Ensure appropriate assurance is in place to manage the delivery of value for money decisions consistent with the schemes, taking steps to ensure all assurance and audit recommendations are acted upon
- Lead and manage relationships for effective delivery of professional services from suppliers including valuers, solicitors and acquisition agents
- Accountability for complaint management in the managed area – including directly engaging with individuals and stakeholders as required
- Manage annual budget for acquisitions and services effectively and within relevant targets / forecasts. Provide long term cost forecasts for each phase. Be the responsible manager for statutory blight (primary assessment) and zoned discretionary schemes policy development, understanding lessons learnt and any precedents set, establishing standards, and advising and reporting to senior/executive management, Residents’ Commissioner and DfT wherever necessary
- Lead engagement with senior DfT colleagues to ensure programme and delivery priorities are understood, ensuring that the sponsor requirements are ultimately delivered.
- Understanding of GDPR, Town and Country Planning Act and Anti-money laundering legislation
- Understanding of the England and Wales property purchase process
- Experience of developing and delivering effective external communications on a large scale
- Experience of managing client driven, customer focused large-scale and high impact property or policy related projects
- Experience of managing, supporting and developing a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Ability to set up, lead and deliver new projects and initiatives
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Budget management and forecasting skills.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.