DescriptionAbout this roleTeam Overview
Fund Administration is responsible for establishing accounting policy, overseeing financial reporting, and managing product operational infrastructure for BlackRock's commingled funds domiciled in Asia Pacific. Fund Administration team also support APAC retail initiatives, vendor oversight and product lifecycle events.Role Responsibility
- Verification of the accuracy of fund prices provided by service providers.
- Ensure that the NAV Oversight approach by the team is consistent with global best practice for control, oversight and management of vendors in the production of fund asset valuations. Where appropriate provide input and drive to enhance such processes.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Fund Administration teams in Australia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and EMEA, ensuring consistency of processes and optimal use of resources to provide various control and administrative duties (such as daily NAV review, tolerances checks, invoicing, etc.) so as to achieve complete and robust oversight of vendors and specific fund processes.
- Build strong relationships with contributing business areas within BlackRock to improve the processes around new system functionality, fund launches and product changes. Maintain a strong working relationship with the Aladdin & Technology, and Global Product Group.
- Build strong relationships with internal business areas to ensure timely and efficient delivery of accurate fund valuations eg Global Fund Distribution Services, Global Investment Operations, Reconciliations, Portfolio Engineering.
- Provide an authoritative source of business, industry and technical accounting expertise on functional and process requirements; manage change for key initiatives that impact across processes and people.
- Represent BlackRock in the Hong Kong marketplace and where applicable and possible, participate in relevant industry working groups.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and regulatory requirements across all Products.
- Key BlackRock contact point for outsourced fund administration vendor relationships.
- Know and understand the BlackRock fund structures and investments held.
- Preparation of internal MIS reporting as well as the review of reporting provided by service providers to monitor performance against SLA's and identify areas of risk or improvement.
- Assist in the co-ordination and review of Financial Statements and in managing local audits.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the fund distributions including the construction of a timetable and arrangement of reviews.
- Validation of fees & rebates calculated by outsourced providers as well as external expenses such as custody related fees.
- Working closely with the EII Capital Markets and Product Group in supporting the ETF business requirements.
- Address ad hoc queries from other BlackRock business units.
- Contribute to Board or Committee reports reflecting operational developments, issues and actions and represent operations at board meetings and any specific sub-committee operating groups, as required.
- Relevant recognised qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, CFA), or equivalent years-served industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in the fund industry with fund accounting focus and exposure to retail, institutional and cash product.
- Experience with exchange traded funds a benefit, including the creation and redemption process, but not compulsory.
- Expertise in fund valuation as well as associated reporting and administrative requirements including specific knowledge of Hong Kong product issues such as anti-dilution mechanisms, performance fees, hedged share classes. Experience of UCITS products and administrative requirements would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in operating effective control processes.
- Thorough understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Good understanding of investment processes and controls across all product structures is an advantage.
- Proven strong prioritization skills and the ability to manage differing requirements from multiple 'clients' both internally and externally.
- Strong ability and track record in determining and implementing change management to processes and products.
- Proven ability to develop practical and pragmatic solutions through a 'hands on' approach.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of functions within and outside of the business to deliver key initiatives
- Can work effectively within a small team and also across several larger teams.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm. Ability to motivate self through times of change.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities - ability to interact with all levels, including directors, industry groups, business heads and the firm's senior management.
- Able to speak English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.Job requisition #