Role: Regional Marketing Manager - Kids & Family
Contract: 6 months (immediate start date)
Closing Date: 23:59 on 27th November 2023
This is an opportunity for an immediately available, experienced brand marketer to join the BBC Studios Brands & Licensing team at a time of rapid business growth.
The role will focus on developing and executing 360 integrated brand marketing campaigns for our children's brands (with a focus on Bluey) across UK/EMEA territories, aimed at developing brand awareness and affinity on a local level, and working closely with partners, including broadcast and licensees.
The Ideal candidate will thrive in a start-up style environment plus have the experience to manage a global matrix organisation. We are looking for someone who can come in and pick up projects at various stages of development and make an immediate impact. Someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work across all aspects of a marketing campaign - from administration through to full project management and campaign analysis.
You will be joining with a small and talented regional team, at an incredibly busy time of growth for the brand and business.
• Lead the execution of major campaign briefs to deliver against strategic objectives across multiple media and platforms.
• Owning the entire lifecycle of your campaigns, including briefing agencies, analysing response to brief, amplification and support via partners, execution, and post campaign report.
• Provide market intel and audience insights to develop targeted, measurable campaigns with competitive edge.
• Ensure all campaigns are delivered within budgets and timeframes.
• Oversee the delivery of global and local B2B and B2C campaigns/ retail & brand activations/ events from concept (owning or imputing, depending upon project) to delivery and campaign review, managing all relevant stakeholders.
• Act as internal linchpin with creative, licensing, comms, digital, global brands, ensuring joined up planning, asset development and campaign management.
• Secure close working relationships with local distribution and licensing partners to deliver an integrated brand marketing calendar with each party playing to its strengths.
• Direct and shape the delivery of effective creative work that reflects brand guidelines.
• Provide brand guardianship across all activity in region, ensuring all partner campaigns comply and are in line with BBC editorial and brand guidelines.
• Represent the regional marketing and audience needs across the business, including audience insights, campaign and asset development, calendar events etc.
• Measure and track brand health, identifying interventions to drive brand growth.
• Undertake post-campaign evaluations using appropriate analysis and measurement tools to ensure marketing informs product development and market positioning.
• Help ensure all BBC policies are adhered to and proactively champion BBC values and our commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and the environment.
• You will have strong professional marketing experience with the ability to lead & execute large 360 integrated marketing campaigns for global brands, ideally from within the Ideally the entertainment/ kids/ family industry.
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
• Previous experience of delivering innovative digital and social media campaigns for large-scale brands
• Creative strategic thinker, excellent listener and communicator who is constantly aware of the bigger picture whilst demonstrating a flexible attitude to regional approaches.
• Excellent relationship builder - ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with both external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to influence and persuade people at all levels to build support for courses of action.
• Demonstrate exceptional organisational and communication skills.
• Have excellent presentation skills.
• Results driven while maintaining a high level of creativity.
• Knowledge of the children's media industry and an interest in its output.
• Able to anticipate the challenges and opportunities which arise from marketplace developments and translate these into a coherent medium to long term strategy.
• 'Muck in approach' to wider divisional need
• Experience of developing and implementing strong brand identities.
• Due to the urgent nature of this role, candidates must be in a position to start work immediately.
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
Flexible/agile working -opportunities across the business. We're happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.