Bold. British. Creative: that's BBC Studios. Combining the strengths of the UK's most-awarded production company with a world-class distributor, we fund, create, distribute and commercialize world-class content for the BBC and other UK and international companies. Our aim is to inspire audiences around the globe with quality content that informs, educates and entertains and to strengthen the BBC, our partners and wider industry both creatively and financially. We seek to be the best British content company in the world; a first-choice partner and employer, where everyone can flourish and do their best work.
BBC Studios, a global content company with bold British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group, creatively and financially supporting the BBC, its partners, and the wider industry. We combine the strengths of the UK's most awarded producer with a world-class distributor. Taking ideas from thought to screen and beyond, our activities range from content financing, development, production, through to global program sales, branded services, consumer products, live events and ancillaries.
Together with our independent production labels and content sales partners, we deliver thousands of hours of content annually to the BBC and other broadcasters and services, including Amazon, Apple TV, Channel 4, Channel Five, Discovery, Disney, National Geographic, Netflix, Migu, PBS, Sky and YouTube. BBC Studios Productions creates high quality, award-winning content across an extraordinary range of genres and specialisms. Recent credits, made by BBC Studios Productions and its indie labels, include Happy Valley 3, Frozen Planet II, Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars, Killing Eve, Am I Being Unreasonable, Grenfell: The Untold Story, Prehistoric Planet, JoJo and Gran Gran, Top Gear, The One Show and Royal and ceremonial events.Job Purpose
Working as part of the Business and Legal Affairs team, this role will support the the BBC in acquiring, creating and distributing Intellectual Property to maximize audience value and commercial return in a digital, global and commercial environment by:
- Providing excellent contract and rights administration and support
- Providing excellent business support and team coordination
- Using systems and processes efficiently and effectively
- Maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships internally and externally
The role requires a 'one BBC' approach with close teamwork and/or embedded ways of working with all Divisions across the organization. This is central to our purpose and culture and is critical to this role.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Knowledge, Skills, Training & ExperienceEssential
- Drafting: To draft a range of templated commercial agreements (e.g. NDAs, program license agreements, MSAs, corporate resolutions) in relation to BBC Studios' business in the region.
- Contract and rights administration: To carry out all aspects of contract and rights administration effectively and efficiently. Includes processing contracts for signature through DocuSign and other electronic means.
- Business support and team coordination: To ensure all relevant BBC business processes (including contract management and internal referral and approval frameworks) are followed. To ensure effective coordination across and between central and embedded CRBA functions in all divisions. To deal with client correspondence and a range of reporting.
- Business systems: To reduce contractual documentation and maintain information databases with BBCS contracts (experience using iManage or other cloud-based contract storage services is desirable).
- Stakeholder management: To build and maintain effective working relationships, internally and externally, and to be a recognized point of contact for all parties dealing with CRBA. To deal with routine enquiries and escalate issues as necessary.
- Document management and record keeping: To maintain excellent document management and record keeping, ensuring data integrity, accuracy and timeliness. To process contractual payments efficiently.
- Support for commercial deal making: To assist with the delivery of commercial deals in a variety of different businesses, collating information and creating contractual documents as required.
- Corporate Secretarial: To assist the team to fulfil corporate secretarial obligations. Make necessary filings to ensure BBCS corporate entities remain in good standing with relevant jurisdiction(s) of registration. Maintain necessary records and files in good order.
- Research: To conduct legal research through external sources and within BBCS databases.
- Deputizing: To deputize and act up at Executive level as required.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of developing good working relationships.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of databases and administration systems including Excel, Teams, SharePoint, DocuSign.
- Excellent organisation, coordination and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to examine and summarise data and contractual language.
- An approach that encompasses proactivity, flexibility, resilience, passion and energy.
- Knowledge of distribution and deal-making.
- Detailed knowledge of contracting systems.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $80,000 to $90,000. This range does not include other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and geographic location of the position.
This range is not inclusive of a flexible, hybrid working schedule & benefits including but not limited to: 100% BBCS covered medical & dental insurance, vision, & 401k match.Benefits and Perks
About BBC Studios
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible, Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Work/life balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Bagel Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays, and more!
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.