Welcome to making the future more secure for everyone
At the core of BAE Systems is an overarching purpose – we play our part in protecting what matters; making the future more secure for everyone by creating bold, pioneering security products and services that can change the world we live in.
That’s what binds our diverse minds and talent together.
To continue to do this, we must always look to the future; finding new ways and new ideas to advance. Championing better ways of doing things, striving for excellence in everything we do, being more efficient and sustainable.
Putting our people front and centre is key, enabling them to achieve their best in an inclusive environment where everyone can make a difference.
We embrace the opportunity that working at BAE Systems brings, providing a platform for everyone to have a varied and fulfilling career that is yours for the taking.
Join us in the next phase of our story as we look to the future and work together - for a brighter, better and more secure tomorrow.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 90,500 people in more than 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture, and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
Who we are and who we want to be
At BAE Systems everything we do is steered by three core values: Trusted, Innovative, and Bold.
We all have a part to play in fulfilling our purpose and our values guide us towards that.
They reflect who we are and who we aspire to be. They bind and connect our diverse minds. They guide our decisions and influence our culture.
Together each one of us is committed to living these values, every day.
Welcome to finding your unique place. At BAE Systems we all have different skills, but we’re united by our purpose. Whether it’s engineering or technology, project management or manufacturing, you’ll be helping our customers protect what really matters.
Our areas of work
- Manufacturing and operations - A powerful blend of advanced technology and lean manufacturing means we’re leading the industry and the digital revolution.
- Engineering - Our engineers are redefining global defence. From concept to completion, they innovate cutting-edge products and services across the land, air, and sea.
- Project management - Projects don’t come more challenging, innovative, and critical than ours. These specialist teams are trusted to deliver complex programmes that really matter.
- Information technology - Digital is our future, and our IT teams are at the heart of it. Developing, implementing, and supporting the cutting-edge systems that keep the world safe and our business evolving.
- Procurement and supply chain - Playing a critical role in ensuring our projects are on time, on budget, and meet quality standards, this is a team that’s central to our global success.
- Finance and commercial - Improving our performance and profitability, overseeing vast complex projects, and helping our diverse team grow. It’s all in a day’s work for our finance and commercial teams.
- Human resources - Our people are our power. Our HR teams work to attract, retain, and develop the diverse minds and talent who are shaping our future.
- Legal - Projects are challenging and involve complex high-level stakeholders. Our Legal team provide the advice and support that helps us stay on track.
- Quality and assurance - Trust is vital to our business. Our Quality and Assurance teams make sure we deliver excellence in everything we do.
- Marketing and communications - Connecting with customers, managing our reputation, being our voice. Life in our Marketing and Communications team is fast-paced, varied, and ever-evolving.
The moment you realise the difference you can make
Join an inclusive team in a business that’s ever-evolving. Play your part in creating pioneering security products and services that can change the world we live in. Whichever early career programme you choose, you’ll learn, grow and thrive here. With the all the training and support you need to find your unique place.
- £90m+ annual investment in education and skills
- 90,500+ diverse colleagues across more than 40 countries
- 1,500+ early careers intake in the UK in 2022
- £21.3bn sales in 2021. Leading global defence supplier and innovator
Diversity and inclusion
Welcome to a place where you can belong
We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. We want everyone to be heard and respected, allowing us all to develop and thrive together.
Working at BAE Systems brings great opportunities, providing a platform for everyone to have a fulfilling career whatever their background. Harnessing the power of our people will create a secure tomorrow for generations to come.
Building a better workplace
We want to help change the world we live in for the better – and that starts with our workplace. We’re committed to building a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable place to work. We actively promote a culture of respect so everyone can be free to be themselves. It empowers us to do our best work, it enables us to grow, and brings us together to find new and better ways to protect what really matters.
We want to lead the way in our sector and beyond. By 2030 we have set our ambition for women to make up at least 50% of our Executive Committee and 30% of our workforce. We’re determined to be more diverse at all levels of the organisation and to be truly representative of the communities in which we operate. There’s work to do, but we’re focused on attracting the best people to work here – regardless of gender, age, ethnic or religious background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic. To secure our ambitious future, we are committed to investing in our people. Without them, there is no us. Working here, whatever your role, you will find the tools, support, and inclusive environment to fulfil your ambitions and make an impact now and in the future.
What we’re proud of
- By 2030 we have set our ambition for women to make up at least 50% of our Executive Committee and 30% of our workforce
- Our target is to achieve net zero emissions by 2030
- We actively support both our national and local community