Payroll Administrator Newcastle Permanent/ Full-time Hybrid
XPS are now looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll department in Newcastle.
XPS is an award-winning Pensions Consultancy with over 1600 staff in locations across the UK and our business continues to experience rapid growth. We value our people as we recognise they provide the key to our success. We currently have around 1,000,000 pension scheme members across a variety of industry sectors and scheme types with those members at the heart of everything we do.
The Payroll department at XPS Administration is a fast paced department focused on high accuracy and attention to detail, to ensure the accurate processing of the 700+ pensioner payrolls we run with a pay frequency of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual.
We provide a positive working environment with an emphasis on training and development with relationships at the very heart of our business. You can expect an exciting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge.
Your ambition is our ambition.The role:
As a payroll administrator with XPS you will...
- Carry out standard and non-standard payroll tasks in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for the data entry tasks and activities
- Communicate clearly with Pension Administration team members
- Provide support to senior colleagues
- Support the team with new staff members and provide training to less experienced team members
- Be a team player
- Be proactive
What we offer:
- Experience of dealing with high volumes of work
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to manage workload effectively and independently
- Confident on the telephone, with excellent customer service skills
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade C
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in a payroll function and possession of a professional payroll qualification is desirable but not essential
We believe in our people and we will work with you to unlock your potential and support your career whilst giving you the opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic and collaborative people in our industry.
Are you looking for a challenging and fulfilling career for an organisation with a conscience? At XPS, you can expect an exciting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge whilst also working to contribute positively to the communities in which we operate and help those beyond our organisation.
Our five Employee Networks - XPS Women's Network, XPS LGBTQ+ Network, XPS Menopause Network, XPS Disability Network and XPS Multicultural Network - play an important role in our culture. They lead our inclusive programme of events, campaigns and workshops throughout the year and our internal mentoring programme also has a role to play, for example in advancing gender equality.
As an employee at XPS, you know you are joining a winning team, as a testament to all the brilliant work that everyone at XPS does, we are delighted and excited to have won a clean sweep at the Prestigious Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2022 winning the Investment Consultancy of the Year award, Third Party Administrator of the Year and Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year.
At XPS, we became carbon neutral across our entire value chain back in 2021 and have a strong focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and sustainability, and build this ethos into all of our manager research and subsequently our client solutions.
We embrace differences and we will respect your ideas, perspective and style. Our business thrives on our diversity and mix of experience that leads to innovation. When you take a role with XPS you will be joining a community of professionals driven by integrity and delivery and you can be sure that your wellbeing is taken seriously.
We are happy to talk about flexible working and hybrid working and we understand everyone has different needs.
We offer an attractive reward package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in a Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A set of core benefits including pension plan, life assurance, employee assistance programme, access to a qualified, practicing GP 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A comprehensive range of voluntary and flexible benefits to suit you and your lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, critical illness cover, private medical cover for self and family, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers.
If you feel XPS could be the next step on your career ladder, please apply directly via the links provided and we look forward to learning more about you. We will consider all applicants and respond swiftly.
If you do not feel ready to apply or still have questions, please contact Mei Mei Mohan on the recruitment team at XPS.The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following requirements:
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Right to Work confirmation
- DBS Disclosure check
- Employment or educational references covering five years
- Satisfactory credit check
Please note we reserve the right to close our vacancies early and we only accept CVs direct from candidates or our preferred supplier list.