Are you an experienced and qualified Careers Coach with lived experience of disability? Do you want to be part of a service offering careers support to disabled candidates? Do you want to work flexibly within a team of disabled people, in an award-winning social enterprise, where your expertise will really make a difference to people’s lives?
We are looking for exceptional Freelance Careers Coaches who can provide support to disabled candidates looking for new or better work. Our candidates will have faced many diverse and complex barriers in their working lives, and will need a variety of tailored and effective support. This could include help with job search techniques, completing application forms, writing a tailored CV, developing a LinkedIn profile, interview prep, or support with identifying transferable skills, looking for alternative careers or gaining confidence.
You’ll mostly work remotely, by telephone, email or video, depending on the access needs of the candidate, and may also be able to conduct group sessions for candidates with similar needs. Your lived experience of disabling barriers will mean you offer a great careers coaching service with the added benefit of empathy and credibility.
Evenbreak is an award-winning social enterprise run by and for disabled people. Our vision is for disabled people to enjoy the same opportunities to thrive in the workplace as non-disabled people. Our services include this specialist job board, and also a best practice portal to help employers become more confident and competent around inclusion and accessibility.
As a social firm, we only employ disabled people, all of whom work from home flexibly. Every member of our team makes a valuable contribution, and we all share Evenbreak’s values - Inclusion, Impact, Integrity, Enthusiasm and Professionalism
Our social aims are:
- to help inclusive employers attract more talented disabled candidates
- to help disabled candidates find work with employers who will value their skills
- to promote best practice around inclusion and accessibility in the workplace
We have won a number of awards, are a Disability Confident Leader, a Living Wage employer, an accredited social enterprise and a social firm.
About you - criteria
- Have credible qualifications and experience in offering careers coaching to a diverse range of people
- Have lived experience of disability (mental, physical, sensory, cognitive, neurological or long-term health condition) and a thorough understanding of the social model of disability
- Be as comfortable supporting someone with a learning disability who has never worked as you would be a chief exec who has had a stroke
*Understand the impact that constant setbacks can have on a disabled candidate
- Have a spread of knowledge across different sectors
- Be organised and structured, keeping accurate records and monitoring information
- Be able to work effectively from home as part of a remote team
- Have a computer and internet access
- Have the ability to analyse people’s abilities and wellbeing, using a range of tools
- Have a background in psychology
- Have experience working with disabled jobseekers
- Have experience running training sessions for groups both face-to-face and remotely
- Have access to LMI and be familiar with new working patterns in 2021 and beyond
We are keen to attract the very best candidates for this role. You will be judged only on how closely you meet the above criteria. The work will be flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual candidate. For example we have careers coaches who specialise in experienced hires, one who specialises in self-employment. Candidates are triaged and matched to the most suitable coach for them. As a disability confident leader we are committed to providing any workplace adjustments you may require in order to carry out the work. At the end of each month you will invoice Evenbreak for sessions delivered and we pay within 7 days of invoice verification.
If you need adjustments to help you submit your application then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send an email outlining your answers to the following questions to Rachael at email@example.com
Please summarise your qualifications and experience in Careers Coaching (see criteria above) If you wish to include case studies or examples please anonymise anything that could identify the candidate.
When supporting disabled candidates, how do/would you embed the social model of disability into your work?
What additional qualities do you think a careers Coach needs when supporting disabled candidates?
After an initial sift, successful candidates will be invited for an informal chat with our team.
Previous applicants need not apply.