Job DescriptionManufacturing Engineering Degree ApprenticeshipStarting Salary: £20,735 per yearLocation: DerbyDuration: 4 years
Rolls-Royce develops safety critical, complex power and propulsion solutions for use in the air, at sea, and on land. We've designed the world's most efficient large aero-engine, powered nuclear submarines, enabled land-speed records, and even supported NASA missions on the edge of space.
Our Manufacturing Engineers develop some of the most advanced manufacturing processes in the world. Join them as an apprentice and you'll be turning our designs into reality, learning from these world-class experts, as well as customers, suppliers, and operations specialists.
We have a long history of achieving extraordinary goals at Rolls-Royce. And the ways we're changing to become an even more innovative, competitive, and sustainable business are no less bold. Join us and you can help transform the way we power, protect, and connect people, now and in the future.The programme
You'll spend your first year completing your foundation training at our Apprentice Academy will give you a broad understanding of manufacturing engineering principles.
From your second year, you'll embark on a series of six-month placements in our Civil Aerospace business. Alongside job-specific training courses you'll get to study for a BEng degree at the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre via a mix of block and day release.What you'll do
Across your apprenticeship you'll gain practical knowledge in areas such as introducing new products, controlling change and continuously improving existing manufacturing processes, acquiring new technology, implementing digital manufacturing solutions and interfacing with suppliers. Alongside this, you'll learn how to manage projects and costs, how to design and validate manufacturing processes, solve engineering problems, and implement quality assurance methods.What you'll need
- 5 GCSEs which must include Maths and English Language at grade 5/B, plus three other subjects at grade 4/C
- 112 UCAS points (obtained or predicted) from either:
- Maths A-level at grade B or above and at least one other A-level in either Physics, Engineering or STEM related subject, excluding Biology. Also excludes General Studies.
- An Level 3 Extended BTEC in an appropriate discipline but must also include Maths A-level at grade B.
If you have equivalent qualifications, please contact us.
Every bit as important as your academic achievements, however, are the personal qualities you bring to the role. Creativity and an agile approach are both important.
But above all, you'll need to be passionate about manufacturing engineering, as well as analytical, highly motivated, and most importantly, endlessly curious about how things are made and how processes work.What you'll get
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 29th February 2024 by 14:00 [GMT]
- A competitive starting salary with annual pay rises
- Fully sponsored BEng degree
- 33 days' holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive pension
- A choice of voluntary benefits including discounts at nationwide stores, gyms, discounted health care, free digital GP, Cycle to Work scheme and more all available on our TotalReward portal
- Continuous learning and development
- Support from managers, leaders, mentors and other apprentices
- Opportunities to develop beyond your day-to-day role and get involved in social activities
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
At Rolls-Royce, we recruit people based on merit, and regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, race/colour/nationality/ethnic or national origins, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation.ProgrammeJob Posting Date
04 Dec 2023; 00:12