|Contract||Full Time||Salary||£10.02 per hour|
Full time, 35 hours per week - days and some weekends
One in six people in the UK will have a disability in their lifetime and we want to make sure they have the opportunity to live their lives to their full potential. At Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) we support disabled people in the UK and around the world to live the lives they choose.
LCD is the UK's largest voluntary sector provider of services for disabled people and this includes residential care.
Here at Holehird we have been supporting young adults with long term conditions and disabilities for over 60 years.
About the role
As the Team Leader you will supervise a group of support workers. You will be supporting and working closely with the nurse in charge. You will take responsibility for setting up new service user relationships and on-going monitoring and assessment and liaising with relevant external healthcare professionals. You will be responsible for completing support care plans, reviews and keeping them up to date. You will also provide assistance with personal care and other daily living tasks to service users within the home encouraging choice, participation and motivation, in order to maximise their independence, demonstrating at all times your commitment to LCD's values.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to utilise and expand your skills.
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care
· Previous experience of managing a junior team within a care setting
· Experience of administering medications
· To be flexible and be able to work early shifts, late shifts, weekends
· Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire Disability's ethos and values.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
· Fair and competitive pay rates.
· Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
· Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
· Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
· Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
· Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
· Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.