|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||£22,361 - £26,119|
|Sector(s)||Information Technology (IT)|
When it comes to Information Technology, we lead the way. We are constantly pushing ourselves to stay ahead of the game, exploiting technology to keep people safe, enabling industries to operate, aircraft to take off and land safely, and Government to make key decisions. Working with global partners such as NASA, our IT projects reach as far as Space.
Based in Exeter, our award-winning Headquarters include modern gym, restaurant, café and free onsite parking.
If you are passionate about technology and looking for a career developing software that matters, then we’d love to hear from you.
Joining one of our Agile delivery teams you will developing and maintaining mission-critical software applications for our world-class meteorologists.
1. Excellent ability to learn information and systems and solve technical problems. Knows when to seek help if no progress is being made
3. Awareness and appreciation of good software development practice, including clean code, automated testing, source control and continuous deployment.
4. Adept at communicating (written, verbal & listening) and collaborating with customers, colleagues and peers
5. Driven, enthusiastic and delivery focused.
1. Solid knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform. Certification would be good, but not essential.
2. Degree in a STEM subject (or equivalent experience)
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Key Dates: Closing date 11/12/18 with interviews TBC. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
This post requires you to gain full security clearance due to the nature of the role. Therefore, in order obtain full clearance you will need to have lived at the same address in the UK for 2 years out of the last 5 years, or lived in the UK for 3 out of the last 5 years if you have lived at various addresses.
This role will initially be based in Exeter until an induction and training period has been completed at HQ, after which home working may be considered. Reduced or compressed hours may be considered.
Recruitment and Retention Allowance of £2,500 pa.
You may also be eligible to claim relocation costs of up to £5,000.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.