|Contract||Temporary Position||Salary||£28,644 - £33,260|
£28,644 - £33,260 plus competitive benefits.
£3750 pa Market Recruitment and Retention Allowance.
Weather Desk, Aberdeen, provide a pivotal role in the Energy Business Group as well as in the day to day running of the Aberdeen office. They are the first point of contact for many Energy (Oil & Gas, Offshore Renewable) customers. This involves the setting up of services, changes, general enquiries and any troubleshooting on the external customer’s behalf. When account or service managers are not available they also provide advice and guidance on products and delivery, liaising with science and platform teams in Exeter over more specialist services. During the tendering process and initial set up of services they work with the service mangers and science to ensure the correct product and information is provided to the customers. The Weather Desk monitors the delivery of services across all the business verticals within Aberdeen, troubleshooting any local issues through issuing ServiceNow requests or actively implementing or suggesting solutions.
Locations Management admin will also form a part of the role to create, amend, manage and remove addresses from products in all sectors. This includes aligning the correct addresses to the correct product ahead of any ongoing change to each service.
In the wider office environment, the Weather Desk also provides IT support for all desks, when local FAS team support is unavailable. As well as monitoring the delivery of forecasts across all verticals they also deal with any local desktop, profile and data issues.
This job will also include providing support to the sales function that is based in the Aberdeen office (including tasks such as ensuring invoicing is up to date). This will involve taking ownership of a number of customer accounts and proactively managing these to support business growth. In addition, the role holder will be expected to work closely with Key & Senior Account Managers and the Business Intelligence Analyst
To support the delivery of operational and sales services that ensure Energy customer requirements are met, as well as supporting local (Aberdeen) IT functions, and delivering product changes as directed. To own and manage a portfolio of customer accounts with the aim of driving business growth and ensuring customer retention.
1. Knowledge of the offshore industry and our customers and how the weather impacts their operations, with the ability to identify what Met Office products would be required for specific operations.
2. Highly customer focused with good communication skills. Ability to deal with day to day enquiries and troubleshoot any customer issues.
3. Work with a degree of autonomy when support is not available and determine when problems should be escalated to a higher level. Prioritise work externally and across business verticals.
4. Proven team working skills with an approach that ensures service continuity and customer satisfaction
5. Ability to multi-task in a busy and complex environment
6. Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
1. Working knowledge and understanding of marine observations.
2. Sound knowledge of systems that deliver customer services and a proven knowledge of complex corporate IT infrastructures.
3. Support and mentor other team members to develop their technical and customer service skills.
4. An ITIL qualification to at least foundation level, or willingness to achieve this and further levels of qualification.
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Key Dates: Closing date
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
For operational reasons this post will be based in Aberdeen.
Whilst this temporary post is for 2 years, there is the potential for it to develop into a permanent position.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Market Recruitment and Retention allowance of £3750pa
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.