Interested in the UK’s housing market, one of the most active property markets in the world? Would you like to help HM Land Registry deliver its ambitious new Business Strategy
? As part of our high performing communications team you could be contributing to this important work every day – it's an exciting time to be joining us.
We are looking for someone who is looking to develop their career as a Social Media professional.
You will join our busy Corporate Communications team, and work alongside experts in media relations, graphic design and digital communications.
As the lead for our social media content, you will manage paid and organic media activity and be involved in a wide range of campaigns. You will have a technical understanding of social media channels and how to optimise content for them. You will also have the skills to rewrite complicated terminology and legal text into clear, easy-to-understand content.
As part of the role, you will work with our talented Graphic Design team to create images, animations and videos. You will also manage and edit other HM Land Registry digital content, as required. You will research new trends in user behaviour, changes to social media algorithms and emerging channels.
You must have excellent writing and editing skills, with high attention to detail. You will be confident making and communicating decisions and have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to work with subject matter experts.
HM Land Registry is a successful, high-performing, innovative organisation. For more than 150 years HM Land Registry has protected and guaranteed people’s land and property rights by keeping and maintaining the Land Register for England and Wales. Today that register covers more than 86% of the land mass of England and Wales. It contains more than 25 million titles (the evidence of ownership) estimated to hold £4 trillion of property value and is one of the largest property databases in Europe.
This role is based in the fast-growing London borough of Croydon, where regeneration is transforming the town centre. The new Boxpark street food mall is just minutes from our Trafalgar House office, which is also within walking distance of West Croydon and East Croydon rail stations and the bus station.
HM Land Registry offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
We also offer:
• an employee recognition scheme;
• long-service awards;
• maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks’ full pay, followed by 13 weeks’ statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid;
• paternity leave allowance of two weeks plus four days’ paid leave;
• paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist;
• paid volunteering leave;
• a social and sports club in every office;
• the opportunity to compete in national Civil Service competitions for a wide variety of sports;
• access to our employee assistance programme for counselling and support on a wide range of issues;
• an interest-free loan for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment; and
• many other rewards including access to discounted healthcare, a Microsoft Home Use programme and shopping, leisure and finance discounts.
• opportunities to network and work across government;
• career progression, training and development opportunities; and
• access to training opportunities including Civil Service Learning, which offers more than 70 classroom-based courses and online packages.
For more information about the job, please see the attached candidate information pack.