Citizens Advice, based in Central London near St Paul’s, have made the strategic decision to move to Ruby as our de facto open source development language. As we build our new digital development capability, we require a Test Automation Engineer as we build a fantastic engineering team.
This is an exciting time as you will have an opportunity to assist in the direction of this important national charity as the team is scaled up . We have a number of exciting internally and externally customer facing digital projects with opportunities for R&D Fridays and creative thinking.
We help change millions of people’s lives each year. And we need your help to make even more difference.
Why should I choose Citizens Advice?
- A competitive salary, 26 days paid holiday (on top of public holidays) plus 4 closure days, up to 6.5% employer pension contributions.
- The technology - it's always the latest stuff and forward looking. We are full AWS and deployed Google Enterprise for work across all 6 of our core offices in the UK.
- Developers kit. Every developer has a Macbook Pro and whatever else we can provide to help you get the job done.
- Our great digital products help more than 22m users a year to solve their problems, and make a proven difference in people’s lives.
- Our office is open plan and a great place to work.
- We will invest in your personal technical development to keep your skills sharp and encourage you to attend conferences covering the latest techniques to improve yourself and the team.
- We are flexible with one or two days of remote working from home.
- We recognise the benefits of R&D time and opportunity to work on Alpha products.
What’s our tech:
We spend a lot of time picking and refining the right tools:
- Our tech stack currently includes Ruby on Rails, React.js, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS (cloudFormation, Ec2, S3, CloudFront, Chef et al).
- We have a road map for continuous deployments.
- We use GitHub, Atlassian, Slack, Google Hangouts et al to stay organised and in touch.
- We are fully agile, daily stand ups, sprints with full BDD/TDD.
What do we expect from you:
- Experience in automating tests using RUBY, with Capybara/Watir/Siteprism, manual functional testing and non functional testing.
- Experience of testing in an Agile environment.
- Experience of defect management.
- Experience of complex system integration.
- Experience of testing in a web environment.
- Experience of test management tools eg. Jira, QC, White-box and black-box test techniques, Web/Mobile Testing and Selenium Webdriver.
- Great aptitude for quality.
- People who want to work in a generous, inventive and responsible culture and help change millions of lives for better.
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.