|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||Up to £55,000 per annum including London Allowance|
|Sector(s)||Charity/non-profit, Computer Science|
Citizens Advice, based in Central London near St Paul’s, have made the strategic decision to move to Ruby as our de facto open source development language. As we build our new digital development capability and transition from PHP, we require a Ruby Developer who will report to our Lead Ruby Developer, as we build a fantastic engineering team.
This is an exciting time as you will have an opportunity to assist in the direction of this important national charity as the team is scaled up. We have a number of exciting internally and externally customer facing digital projects with opportunities for R&D Fridays and creative thinking.
This is the perfect opportunity for a self-motivated individual to continue to progress their skill set whilst working with a cross-functional and collaborative team.
You will work on very exciting projects and will be working with the rest of the team in pair programming in order to continue to deploy good quality code across the company.
We help change millions of people’s lives each year. And we need your help to make even more difference.
● A competitive salary, 26 days paid holiday (on top of public holidays) plus 4 closure days, up to 6.5% employer pension contributions.
● The technology - it's always the latest stuff and forward looking. We are full AWS and deployed Google Enterprise for work across all 6 of our core offices in the UK.
● Developers kit. Every developer has a Macbook Pro and whatever else we can provide to help you get the job done.
● Our great digital products help more than 22m users a year to solve their problems, and make a proven difference in people’s lives.
● Our office is open plan and a great place to work.
● We will invest in your personal technical development to keep your skills sharp and encourage you to attend conferences covering the latest techniques to improve yourself and the team.
● We are flexible with one or two days of remote working from home.
● We recognise the benefits of R&D time and opportunity to work on Alpha products.
We spend a lot of time picking and refining the right tools:
● Our tech stack currently includes Ruby on Rails, React.js, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS (cloudFormation, Ec2, S3, CloudFront, Chef et al).
● We have a road map for continuous deployments.
● We use GitHub, Atlassian, Slack, Google Hangouts et al to stay organised and in touch.
● We are fully agile, daily stand ups, sprints with full BDD/TDD.
● Considerable programming experience with Ruby on Rails.
● Experience in at least one compiled programming language e.g. Java, Scala etc
● We are interested in people who have green field development and product experience.
● Experience of working in cross functional teams (highly desirable).
● Strong grasp of OO principles and common design patterns.
● From a background that understands and cherishes BDD and TDD.
● BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
● People who want to work in a generous, inventive and responsible culture and help change millions of lives for better.
18261 Candidate Pack.pdf
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.