Wellcome has identified six current priority areas
where we want to lead change to transform lives or drive reform to ensure that ideas reach their full potential.
In this role, you will work alongside a small team to develop and deliver Wellcome's strategic priorities in Drug-Resistant Infections
. You will work closely with the Science Lead as well as other Science Officers and Policy Officers within the team.
- Support Wellcome's endeavour to generate new treatments and diagnostics via the Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Biopharmaceutical Accelerator (CARB-X)
- Support the delivery of our epidemiology and surveillance activities
- Help evaluate the progress of the DRI programme and identify opportunities to successfully deliver on the objectives
- Represent Wellcome at national and international level with multiple stakeholders including industry, policy groups, expert advisory groups
- Build a global trial network to innovate and standardise protocol accelerating clinical assessment
See full job description [Link
Experience & Skills
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience with project management including planning, resourcing, allocating budget, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in initiating and maintaining partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in leading technical assessment and review of research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
- Ability to synthesise information conveying key points clearly and concisely
- Ability to work as part of a team
Some national and international travel will be required from time to time to attend meetings and conferences.