Duties & Responsibilities
Waitrose & Partners is in a very exciting place.
We have a rapidly expanding digital arm that is blending beautifully with our bricks and mortar to provide seamless and innovative customer experiences.
You are a very skilled and experienced end-to-end UX Designer who has a portfolio to prove it.
You can demonstrate working from discovery stage to finished product, with a clearly defined process for each stage in between.
You have a great eye for detail, are confident in your UX expertise and are able to communicate clearly and translate ideas to stakeholders and team members alike.
Importantly, you know when a sketch is sufficient and a high fidelity prototype is overkill.
This role requires a talented people-person who can work within a cross-functional team and demonstrate experience of both designing and delivering a digital product within a delivery team, at pace and using Lean, Agile and user-centred design methodologies.
You can inspire and motivate and get a kick out of bringing stakeholders and colleagues together to co-create greatness – exploring and defining what will delight the customer and achieve commercial success in equal measure.
You will be a champion and ambassador for the customer experience for our digital and offline touchpoints across the entire business.
Finally, you will savour the knowledge of knowing that you have positively influenced the design of a compelling suite of customer-loving products.
- Working Agile as part of an efficient and multi-disciplined delivery team.
- Sketching, wireframing and prototyping to design seamless user flows and intuitive user interfaces for evaluation.
- Exploring these ideas with a healthy test and learn approach using hypothesis-driven user validation from quick-and-dirty guerilla testing to dedicated, in-depth lab-testing with recruited participants.
- Creating fully-annotated UX specifications to provide instruction and guidance to your team colleagues.
- Capturing user stories in Jira tickets with clear goals, hypotheses and acceptance criteria to inform the work.
- Conducting diligent cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure all releases meet strict acceptance criteria.
- Capturing and analysing customer and business data to support decisions: this includes inventory creation, data analytics, MVT testing, usability testing (remote and lab), heuristic analysis, competitor reviews, ethnographic studies, card sorting, surveys and similar activities.
- Planning and facilitating workshops and activities to establish customer, business and project requirements and to identify risks and dependencies.
- Leveraging multiple frameworks and techniques to guide how services and products are created including Value Proposition Design and model canvases, product strategy trees, Lean UX canvases and Jobs-To-Be-Done methodologies.
- Advocating and implementing inclusive design solutions following W3C accessibility standards
- Building relationships across the business in order to support and influence all aspects of the customer experience.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Related degree or equivalent in practical experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in designing for responsive digital products.
- AGILE scrum experience: working in sprints with backlogs and feature sets.
- Solid experience of sketching, wireframing and prototyping to visualise your ideas – from 6-up sketching to high fidelity, interactive prototypes.
- Fluency in industry software including Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and Jira.
- Excellent communication, project management, and organisational skills.
- Good experience in workshop planning and facilitation.
- Strong advocate and good working knowledge of designing to Accessibility standards.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Retail ecommerce experience
- Experience working in productised teams in matrixed organisations.
- Experience in setting vision and strategic roadmaps.
- Experience in designing for store-based digital products.
- Service design-orientated skills and expertise including knowledge and experience of frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience and practice in customer value proposition and business model canvas processes and tools to gather customer and business requirements.
- Familiarity with UI style guides, design components and UI kits.
- Experience of iOS and Android native design patterns.
- Understanding of the principles of front-end web development templating languages e.g. React.js and Handlebar
- Information architecture experience including the development of website taxonomies, categorisation and site maps.
Please note the following:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 2 year reference check
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- It is advisable to carefully consider your answers to each of the 3 questions that are asked as part of the last section in the application form. Tailoring your answers to highlight your relevance to the role in question may help you to secure an interview.
- As 1 of these roles is a secondment vacancy, the successful applicants benefits will remain unchanged.