|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||£22361 - £26119 plus Recruitment and Retention Allowance of £2500 Per Annum|
|Sector(s)||Information Technology (IT), Scientific|
The Met Office Technology and Information Services (TIS) programme delivers innovative technical solutions and support services enabling the delivery of the Met Office’s world-leading science to customers using world-leading technology solutions.
The Platforms team is responsible for managing the operating system and core application software on a large, diverse and challenging estate, including the Met Office business and scientific desktops and a number of operational and corporate server systems. One very specific area of responsibility is the management of applications which underpin information systems and product development processes.
The successful candidate will initially work with a number of toolsets, including Oracle & Microsoft SQL databases, JIRA, Bitbucket, GitHub, and Artifactory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic team delivering support and development services which are essential to the success of the Met Office.
The job holder will support, manage and develop corporate information and configuration management IT systems which underpin the provision of wider Met Office systems and services.
1. Experience of database technologies and SQL skills
2. Demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in IT and an understanding of the principles of maintaining operational services
3. Show evidence of an organised and structured approach to work.
4. A proven ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically and professionally with a range of customers.
5. Good team-working skills and, when appropriate, the ability to work to your own initiative.
6. An ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
1. Have knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Build and Deployment principles
2. An understanding common scripting languages such as powershell or bash
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.