HS2 plans to establish a Supplier Management (SM) function which will bring together the established HS2 approach to Supply Chain Management (SCM) and its developing and emerging Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) function in order to have a centralised approach to how we lead and manage the potential and existing companies in our supply chain.
It is envisaged that the Head of SM will advance and proactively develop the Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) capability within the organisation to deliver best practice supplier management.
About the role:
Lead the SM Function that integrates the SCM and SRM teams to ensure the development and success of HS2’s Supplier Relationships from the early market engagement, through the procurement lifecycle, and into the contract delivery and close out
Build relationships with senior executives in HS2 and its key and strategic suppliers to promote world class performance and best practice throughout the supply chain Lead and develop a team, setting clear and challenging objectives, reviewing performance to ensure that members of the team can develop and have the necessary understanding to deliver the team’s objectives
Ensure that the team is aligned to the HS2 Vision, Mission, and Values
Implement and lead the team which operates an overarching framework for SM that reflects a matrix organisation design where supplier management is discharged both centrally and in the functional areas
Champion the SM Framework to ensure that excellent Supplier Relationships are built on trust and openness, which delivers collaborative behaviours and enhances HS2’s reputation in the marketplace
Identify individual treatment options and strategies for each of HS2’s key and strategic suppliers and provide the gravitas and leadership to influence the implementation of each strategy
Ensure that the relationships with our key and strategic suppliers are built on established pillars of best practice, identifying the agenda and reporting requirements for quarterly Supplier Relationship Management reviews with our key and strategic Suppliers
Work with other functions within HS2, such as EDI/Skills/Occupational Health/Community Engagement/Innovation/BIM, to enable them to engage and work with our key and strategic suppliers
Develop a coordinated and collaborative approach to working with stakeholders including our colleagues in the DfT and other government agencies, to benchmark our programme and enhance delivery by capturing and learning from what others are doing.
- Knowledge of Supplier Measurement Systems, public sector procurement and the associated regulations and knowledge of construction contracts, including the NEC3 suite
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
- Knowledge of the dynamics of supply markets; and either pre OJEU supply chain engagement approaches or post OJEU supplier relationship management approaches
- Ability to implementing collaborative working in a multi-contract multi stakeholder environment
- Ability to develop and implement transformation projects with impacts on supply chains and client ways of working
- Ability to analyse and develop Industry and Supplier Capacity models
- Ability to develop relationships across supply chains and organisations in either procurement, contract management, supply chain management or supplier relation management.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.