As a Policy and Process Manager at HS2 you will work with the wider policy and process team and key procurement and commercial stakeholders to assist them to carry out their duties effectively by building on a continuous improvement environment to support and ongoing programme of change. Supporting and developing the policies and processes for Procurement and Commercial Management.
About the role:
- Manage the development and improvement of a robust, auditable and transparent Procurement and Contract Management system (Procure to Pay Control Framework), that ensures policies, process and templates are developed to support the need to source, select, manage and deliver the diverse range of works, good and services required by HS2;
- Assist with the implementation and management of measures and review processes to protect HS2 Limited and the commercial programme from non-compliance from Procurement regulations and commercial policies and procedures; inconsistencies of approach to the market, conflicts of interest;
- Take ownership of the delivery of change initiatives from identification through to delivery including approvals and Procure to Pay Control Framework updates;
- To deliver process improvement workshops to identify ideas and solutions to support the delivery of greater efficiency through the identification of better ways of working;
- Work with other team members and procurement teams to devise new Procure to Pay processes and tools;
- Managing a “critical friend” approach to ensure that all procurement documentation is complete, consistent across all procurements, follows the relevant policies and procedures;
- Facilitate Lessons Learned reviews and feedback process improvements into the Procure to Pay Control Framework;
- Delivery of Policy and Process training to new starters within the directorate and development refresher training for the wider teams;
- Regularly liaise with the DfT’s Virtual Procurement Policy Team (VPT) regarding updates to Government procurement policies and procedures and ensuring any updates are communicated to the relevant teams.