Location: Doxy, Staffordshire
Project: SMP M6 T2
The Kier Highways Major Projects division are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the Smart Motorways business.
Kier is working in collaboration with Highways England to deliver multiple Smart Motorways schemes across the UK, converting hard shoulders in to running lanes and installing sensors and signs to monitor and manage traffic flow so as to improve journey times in areas suffering from congestion.
- Processing requisitions and ordering of Bulk Materials
- Liaising with Suppliers
- Monitor order status for all bulk/call off orders
- Arrange order uplifts with commercial and operational teams
- Monthly Reporting of all Bulk/call off orders
- Liaising with the procurement team to resolve any supplier/material issues – incorrect rates etc
- Ensure tickets are received in a timely manner
- Liaising with Suppliers for any missing tickets
- Process material uplifts
- Monthly reporting of outstanding tickets
- Enter Tickets (GRN) on to CPA
- Matching invoices to the correct GRN
- Completing query sheets for escalation to Office Manager
- Matching Credits
- Ensuring that any unregistered invoices are forwarded for registration
- Liaising with Accounts Officer to remove old GRN accruals
- Keeping accurate records of any items matched to resource
- Awareness of all orders and monitoring price increases particularly year end
- Checking supplier statements and advising the supplier of any queries
- Any other duties as required to support the administration function.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced Accounts Assistant
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Confident attitude
- Able to multi-task
- Experience of working on large construction or civils projects
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.