Start date: 28th May 2019
This apprenticeship lasts for 18 months
REPORTS TO: Commercial Events Manager
Based at Horseferry Road, London
The key role of the Sales Department is to generate the maximum amount of revenue from Channel 4’s programmes and products. It employs over 200 people who work across arrange of areas, including digital, partnership, trading, sales development, agency sales, advertising operations and airtime management. The majority of employees (including this position) are based in London and there is also a team in Manchester.
This role sits as part of a 5-person Commercial Marketing team, which exists to promote the 4 Sales proposition to advertising clients and media agencies. This includes all Channel 4 TV channels and All4, as well as our partner channels Box TV, UKTV and BT Sport.
It does this through a range of activities, including e-communications, direct mail, event sponsorships, thought-leadership opportunities and a substantial annual events calendar.
In addition to gaining direct work experience, throughout this 12-month apprenticeship you will work with a nominated training provider on an NVQ qualification.
The core responsibilities of this role are to support the Commercial Events Manager in the implementation of the annual events calendar. Specific roles and responsibilities will vary project-by-project, but the successful candidate can expect to perform the following tasks ;
• Inputting into the creative brainstorms to generate engaging event ideas
• Researching new and innovative solutions for event-based problems
• Working with a wide base of contacts across the sales team to generate and manage guestlists and track guest attendance
• Liaise with suppliers to brief in specific tasks and work with them to ensure delivery of work on time and in budget
• Some level of budgetary management responsibilities
• Taking responsibility for the management of accommodation and travel requirements for guests and on-screen talent attending our events
• Provide general event support on the day to ensure everything runs smoothly
The successful candidate will need to be able to work numerous evenings and undertake occasional trips within the UK as part of their role.
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• Knowledge of Channel 4’s portfolio of products and output
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
• Resilience when dealing with colleagues and customers
• Proactive approach and able to demonstrate initiative
• Ability to juggle different jobs throughout the day, multi-task and keep track of key priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Attendance at early morning and late evening events will be required from time to time
• Works well within a small team, willing to be adaptable and take on a variety of different tasks
•Proven desire to work within the events industry in some form
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Desire to learn new skills
• Experience of working alone and as part of a team
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
We want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual, so we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can do anything to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
You must be over 18 years old and a non-degree holder to be eligible to apply for this apprenticeship.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the 'submit' button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.