|Company||Lloyds Banking Group||Location||Edinburgh|
|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||£34983 - £50531 per annum|
Through our brands, Lloyds Banking Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
Are you an experienced finance professional looking for the next challenge?
If so, we currently have a great opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our Product Control team based in Edinburgh.
The Product Control team are responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of transaction booking, and ensuring compliance with relevant Group or Divisional Policies and Guidance. This includes providing analysis of the P&L at the appropriate level of granularity across the suite of Commercial Banking and Treasury products and ensuring appropriate controls are in place around the completeness, accuracy and presentation of reserves.
We're looking for a Finance professional who is comfortable in working in a fast paced & changing environment and is able to support delivery of solutions to urgent ad hoc queries and requests from stakeholders.
A common claim made about the Product Control role is that no two days are ever the same. Whilst some days can be very similar there are always new issues to investigate and resolve, regardless of how long you have been in the role. An interest in and aptitude for problem solving will take you a long way.
Your key accountabilities will include:
* Preparation of daily / weekly P&L production, reconciliations, risk attribution and explain market based commentary, signoffs, issue resolution and escalation and end of day Market Data.
* Supporting the month end close processes associated with correctly reporting and independently validating the bank's balance sheet in a timely manner, including but not limited to reserves / adjustments.
* Preparation of analysis and in-depth commentary and in-depth P&L commentary tied to market / product / coverage context and balance sheet reconciliation and commentary etc.
* Supporting a robust control framework for all processes within remit.
* Undertaking ad hoc work and investigation arising from stakeholder requests.
* Supporting agreed funded and unfunded projects.
* Supporting delivery of efficiencies and culture of continuous improvement.
* Establishing and building relationships with stakeholders.
* Active participation in resource sharing.
Ideally you'll be qualified and /or studying for a professional finance qualification, and have a proven track record supporting financial reporting. You'll also need to be able to use and manipulate spreadsheets, produce formatted charts and use advanced formulae and pivot tables.
You'll need to demonstrate an understanding of financial systems and processes, as well as commercial awareness of the market and industry environment.
A strong customer focus, and strong communication and presentation skills are also essential.
Knowledge of Investment Banking products and product control would be highly advantageous.
So, do you want to work for one of the UK's largest Financial Services organisations?
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
*4% of salary taken as cash or on flexible benefits
*28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
*A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
Did you know we've won awards? We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
So if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.