|Company||L & Q Group||Location||Essex|
|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||£8.75 per hour (rising to £9 per hour from 1st April)|
This is a brand-new scheme providing support for people with learning disabilities in 24 hour Supported Living in their own Flats. Working with the individuals to live independently, providing person centered care, working with individuals to achieve their personal goals, promoting independence and choices, Engaging individuals in activities and community participation.
L&Q Living, Support people with learning disabilities across London & Essex, who provide support and housing for people with learning disabilities, Mental Health, Young Parents & Older People
For over 30 years, we have supported people with disabilities to lead the lives they want, with the support that’s right for them.
• Good communication both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities using a variety of methods to meet the needs of the individual.
• To have a good level of numeracy to assist the service user to manage their finances.
• The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
• To understand and adhere to safeguarding principles.
• To be honest, reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work shifts that include weekends and public holidays
• To participate in staff meetings, training and other learning development opportunities
For this post the successful candidate will need to apply for or be in possession of a Enhance Disclosure Barring Service certificate (DBS) to enable them to work within the team. For further information about the Disclosure Barring Service please visit www.homeoffice.gov.uk
L&Q is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks (including a DBS check) as well as providing proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
We value diversity in all its facets, including gender, dis/ability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation and identity. When it comes to finding a diverse balance for our senior positions, we have decided to address gender and ethnicity first.
As such we are committed to offering an interview to at least one BAME and one female candidate for all senior leadership positions if they full fill the role criteria. We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion as a Stonewall Top 100 employer, and a Disability Confident (Committed) employer.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.