Duties & Responsibilities
As the UK’s most successful omni-channel retailer, e-commerce is a key part of our business - we run one of the busiest websites in the UK, driving a significant proportion of our sales. Our engineering practice includes 30+ teams, working on everything from Cloud platforms to mobile apps, from e-commerce functionality to machine learning.
This is an opportunity to work as a software engineer on a cross-functional Agile development team. You will be working collaboratively with other highly skilled engineers as well as BAs, Testers, Web Designers and User Experience specialists on challenging customer-facing projects.
Learning new skills is extremely important to us. You would be expected to constantly improve your engineering skills and keep up to date with the latest technologies and techniques. In return for your commitment you will receive great support and resources needed to achieve your learning goals.
*Please note that within the John Lewis Partnership, this role will be known as Product Engineer ITL4*
Ideal candidates will have excellent Java8/Spring skills with a track record of working in teams delivering complex, performant, high quality software. Successful candidates will have passion for using technology to deliver outstanding and innovative software solutions.
*Please refer to attached job description for further information regarding duties and requirements*
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Object Oriented and tiered design methodologies.
- A structured approach to systems analysis and development.
- Application frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Developing mission critical, high availability systems.
- Code deployment in complex environments.
- TDD, pair programming.
- Agile development methods such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- REST API development and/or consumption.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Microservice Architectures.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform.
- Go CD, Gitlab CI.
- Familiarity with NGINX, Linux/*nix and an understanding of large scale website architectures.