It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry (HMLR) as we embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. We are now looking for an experienced Data Architect to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
As Data Architect you will support the governance, assurance and leads on the delivery of HM Land Registry's Data Architecture. Part of this role will involve keeping up to date with advances affecting the Data Architecture function and awareness and consideration of cross-government Data Architecture initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience in design and data architecture, transforming from logical models to physical schemas, with experience in defining mappings / transformations between data models.
You remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with a wide variety of tasks and will have experience in problem solving using data design. You will see opportunities for improvements and be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences through appropriate medium.
The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate is the in-house IT division for HMLR. We are currently recruiting several roles to ensure the directorate’s teams contain the right blend of skills, experience and knowledge to take our major transformation programme forward. These teams are at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services. Five Things you didn’t know about working for DDaT
Located in the vibrant waterfront city of Plymouth, our environmentally friendly offices provide a great setting in which to work. Hundreds of miles of stunning coastline and 368 square miles of Dartmoor National Park are within easy reach.
Our Business Strategy
for 2017-2022 sets out our aims of:
• brilliant at the basics;
• a comprehensive Land Register;
• world-leading through Digital Street – our ground-breaking research and development project exploring how land registration might work in 2030;
• opening our data;
• expert people; and
• financially strong.
HMLR offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
We also offer:
• an employee recognition scheme;
• long-service awards;
• maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks’ full pay, followed by 13 weeks’ statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid;
• paternity leave allowance of two weeks plus four days’ paid leave;
• paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist;
• paid volunteering leave;
• a social and sports club in every office;
• the opportunity to compete in national Civil Service competitions for a wide variety of sports;
• access to our employee assistance programme for counselling and support on a wide range of issues;
• an interest-free loan for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment; and
• many other rewards including access to discounted healthcare, a Microsoft Home Use programme and shopping, leisure and finance discounts.
• opportunities to network and work across government;
• career progression, training and development opportunities; and
• access to training opportunities including Civil Service Learning, which offers more than 70 classroom-based courses and online packages.
Click here for information on what it is like to be part of the HMLR team HMLR Blog
For more details about this exciting opportunity, please see the attached candidate information pack.