Duties & Responsibilities
A new John Lewis Insight function has been created to build even greater capability in analytics and research which is expected to create significant value for John Lewis in the next 12-24 months. We're building a team of people who are curious, engaging, highly skilled, commercial - and who want to have an impact in this fast-changing area.
As an Insight Manager – Research, you will be responsible for managing the entire end to end process of customer research projects – both ad hoc and ongoing tracking studies. This involves detailed briefing, project management and critically presenting the insights in a compelling manner – working with key senior stakeholders from across the business.
This role would suit an experienced Insight Manager who is driven by understanding customer behaviours and motivations and passionate about joining the dots from different data sources to produce the complete picture. You will be a curious individual, motivated by getting underneath data and customer feedback to uncover true customer intentions. You will be confident and adept at communicating with all levels of seniority and take pride in producing compelling and impactful Insight.
The requirements for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering high quality Insight work meeting strategic objectives and supporting business plans
- Writing articulate research briefs and manages from start to finish a range of projects, including qualitative, quantitative, consumer and shopper data
- Running and optimising customer research trackers
- Working with senior leaders across the business to be the voice of the customer, partner on customer initiatives and challenge where appropriate
- Delivering concise and compelling insight across the business to help drive action
- Working across multiple data sources (e.g. sales data, CRM data, UX experience) to synthesise and triangulate key messages
- Proactively develops and sustains effective relationships throughout the organisation
- Direct management of Insight analysts and mentoring of broader Insight teams
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Solid experience in a customer research role, either client or agency-side across both
qualitative & quantitative disciplines.
- Track record of driving action from insight within a consumer brand.
- Experience of collation, interpretation and analysis of multiple sources of data
Knowledge of complex analytical techniques.
- Building, managing and influencing diverse cross functional stakeholder relationships
across all levels of a business.
- Powerful storytelling, specifically communication and visualisation that brings insight to life for a general business audience.
- Outstanding commercial acumen and experience applying insight in a fast paced commercial environment.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Experience leading projects
- Retail experience
- Experience working with data visualisation.
- Experience of Agile working processes