This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential. Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Work closely with other Communications Managers and Senior Communications Manager to develop communications plans and approaches and suggest innovative ways to approach challenges
- Provide strategic communications guidance and support for Programme colleagues
- Work closely with the specific teams in your remit, and ensure accurate and consistent delivery of the Expansion narrative across all external materials. This will involve writing materials as well as reviewing and editing existing content
- Develop quarterly plans for delivery of external communications for your designated teams
- Help maintain and update as required the Expansion Communications toolkit – an internal Q&A, messaging bible, and document library
We’re looking for people who have:
- Relevant communications experience
- Great writer with an ability to produce creative, engaging and high quality content
- Understanding and ability to apply communication and engagement principles to form successful communications
- Demonstrable experience in providing strategic communications advice to technical teams
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.