This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
Our highly commercial approach means Finance and Procurement are both central to our success. Join us as a Technical Accountant, and you’ll soon see that the scale and complexity of our airport makes for incredibly interesting and challenging work. You’ll have the chance to get involved in a variety of projects, making sure they run profitably, efficiently and with our passengers and stakeholders front of mind. And with our expansion plans progressing well, this is a particularly exciting time to bring your career to Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Providing sound technical advice on technical accounting issues and matters of interpretation and assess the impact on commercial decisions
- Preparing and presenting Audit Committee Papers on technical matters including regular updates on accounting developments
- Leading the successful implementation of new leasing standards. This will involve liaison with key departments outside the Reporting function, including, Tax, Legal, Procurement, FP&A, Regulatory team, Business & Commercial Finance
- Being responsible for key judgements and accounting estimates reported in the financial statements (e.g. Capitalisation, hedge accounting & derivative financial instruments, retirement benefits and impairment analysis)
- Maintaining and arranging for regular reviews of the Group’s Accounting Policies
We’re looking for people who have:
- Qualified ACA or equivalent with experience of financial reporting at a group level
- A track record of developing and building effective working relationships with a network of individuals across a large and complex, multi-location and high-profile organisation
- Experience in the implementation of the new accounting standards – e.g.: IFRS 15, IFRS 16
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.