|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||42247 - 48912 GBP per Year|
£42,247 - £48,912
This post oversees the project management aspects of the Met Office’s high-value research with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), including projects supported by the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF).
Through their work, the role holder plays an important part in helping safeguard the Met Office’s leading role in delivery of the UK’s National Capabilities in climate and air quality. Critically they ensure that we deliver our projects for UKRI on time, in full, and to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
The post sits within the Government Services directorate, in the Commissioning Team, and is required to work closely with colleagues in Science and external academics.
To manage delivery of high-value projects for UKRI in line with PRINCE2 methodology and work with the programme management team in supporting SPF Programme Office activities.
1. Current PRINCE 2 Practitioner certification or equivalent experience.
2. A proven track record of delivering on time and to customers’ requirements through experience of managing several high-risk, business critical projects to a successful conclusion from start to finish. Ideally including experience of managing multi-discipline teams and working across organisational boundaries.
3. Outstanding management and organisational skills, including the ability to plan to an appropriate level, to proactively manage risks and issues, reaching solutions through negotiation.
4. Evidence of strong analytical skills; with the ability to analyse multiple interactions, make linkages and identify priorities and risks. Experience of using these analytical skills in projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
5. Demonstrable relationship building skills, in particular an ability to productively engage senior managers, delivery partners and other external third parties, both informally and formally as appropriate.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to successfully persuade at all levels.
7. A track record of successfully leading, managing and motivating a team, including ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities whilst maintaining focus and strategic direction. Ideally including experience of managing a team or mentoring others.
8. The ability to work on own initiative, setting and delivering demanding targets.
1. Understanding of procurement processes in general and knowledge of those used within the UK government.
2. Current Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner certificate or equivalent experience demonstrating knowledge of working within a programme structure.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.