|Company||Lloyds Banking Group||Location||London|
|Contract||Permanent Position||Salary||£69600.00 - £94600.00 per annum|
|Sector(s)||Information Technology (IT)|
As the Bank moves to building out a strategic roadmap, both from an application infrastructure and tooling, Payments Fraud and Financial Crime Value Stream are embracing this and building capability to do enable this transformation. The Domestic Payments Team is an Agile based delivery team, building key strategic software for the Domestic Payments estate. This is the heart of the Bank, processing billions of customer payments each year, with 24x7 system resilience and security a key requirement.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer who can work within a dynamic team, to build, test, release and support software, using a DevOps toolchain. The successful candidate will be from a hands-on software engineering background, leading the building, developing and maintaining of highly productive software engineering teams instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions. They will take ownership for backlog items, quality of build and test and ensure error free deployments into the Production estate, seeking methods (tooling and processes) to ensure high standards are maintained in line with expectations for High Availability, Group Critical solutions.
He/she will also have a proven track record in Software Engineering, integration and introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools, coupled with solution configuration, message transformation and rules-based engineering into a production environment. He/she will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, proven development and support experience with a thirst for developing self and mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential. He/she will also provide thought leadership in Software Engineering both within the Lab and wider in the organisation.
* Strong Software Engineering including a support and service background
* Passion for mentoring/coaching of colleagues and contributing to building a strong team culture
* Proven engineering leadership track record, including development of colleagues
* Experience of agile, dev ops and non-agile development practices; automated build, continuous integration, code quality metrics, configuration management, etc.
* Technical and practical usage skills in Urban Code, Jenkins, Springboot, MQ, Websphere, Unix, Java, WAS and Jira/Confluence.
* Experience of Domestic Payments schemes and service.
* Experience of working in a Agile/feature team is also an advantage
* Identification and ownership of Operational Risks.
* Strong technical direction and thought leadership within your area of expertise
* A source of knowledge and practical implementation of High Availability systems
* Experience across the entire development lifecycle from inception, through build to live is essential
This role is a London based but the successful candidate would be expected to undertake some occasional travel depending on team demands.
* Set the strategic direction for how new DevOps tools, methods and standards are deployed across the platform
* Ensure that software is managed and configured/developed in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
* Foster knowledge sharing within your team and the wider platform to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
* Delivery of change, within and outside of value stream
* Support to the Lab Engineering Lead in development of the feature team capability
* Capable of leading multiple teams of colleagues and partners, and providing technical direction
* Engineering Leadership on 3rd Party relationships with partner, industry and software suppliers
* Mentor and develop software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
▪ Sets the strategic direction for how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
▪ Works with stakeholders to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
▪ Ensures industry best practices are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
▪ Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated and embedded across wider Engineering Community.
▪ Fosters knowledge sharing across Engineering community to provide solutions for complex business problems where no solution exists.
▪ Facilitates implementation of complex business problem solutions within Chapters where appropriate.
▪ Coach Engineering colleagues to ensure the appropriate development is in place.
In order to apply for this job, please Sign In/Create Account.