Role Description & Responsibilities
This role is a new and exciting opportunity within PFFC to help lead a team to develop the Delivery risk model, influence new stakeholders and improve the risk culture. Consequently we are after a team member, who has risk management experience, is attuned to risk management techniques, has strong influencing and communication skills and is analytical. Whilst project management experience would be beneficial, the role is suited to a risk professional. Furthermore, since this role is aligned to financial transactions and IT, we expect the right candidate to have a good knowledge of the payments industry, the regulatory drivers and a good understanding of the types of risks that IT projects and programmes may encounter during their lifecycles.
Your Accountabilities will include:
- Develop a successful risk management framework to facilitate an improved understanding of our Delivery risk portfolio.
- Provide risk consultation to our programmes and projects to improve risk identification, analysis and reporting.
- Help identify future operational threats and ensure appropriate governance is aligned to enable operational leaders can take accountability of the risks.
- Help identify opportunities to remediate operational risks within the Delivery portfolio.
- Advise projects and programmes of regulatory and LBG controls.
- Analyse the Delivery risk portfolio to identify and quantify themes; help to create remediation action plans and identify mitigating controls.
- Create briefing packs for Senior Leadership and deliver presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Deputise for the Risk Lead; provide leadership for a team of 8 risk management experts, direct operational risk management and control testing activities; brief Senior leadership on Governance, Risk and Compliance concerns.
- Provide governance oversight across PFFC. Where weaknesses are identified conduct reviews to inform senior leadership of potential improvements and best practice.
The successful candidate should have experience in the following:
- Strong background of risk management and introducing governance models into businesses.
- Communicating with wide range of stakeholders including business leads.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and experience of working within an environment with complex and dynamic programme portfolios.
- Facilitation of risk, assurance, audit and compliance activities.
- A good understanding of the finance industry regulatory authorities and the implications of increased oversight within the banking sector including FCA, PSR and BoE.
- Strong leadership skills and used to working within a matrix managed organisation.
- Used to working to tight deadlines.